Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer Fruit Smoothie

Last night's outing with my girl, Sharon was so much fun! We bar hopped, listened to some live music and enjoyed a few cocktails. Our girls' night was crashed by the guys later, but we always have a good time together.

Whenever I go out and I know I will be drinking, I really try to keep the water to alcohol ratio 2:1. My body does not do well with hangovers, to say the least! This morning I woke up feeling pretty good, no morning after headache (yay!), but i still wanted to give my body some TLC. I decided to make Tim and I smoothies for breakfast. Although I do like juicing too, what I like about smoothies is the simple fact that I get all the fiber. The blender breaks it down for a slow, balanced release of nutrients to avoid blood sugar spikes also. Here's a little recipe I thought I'd share with you guys for a delicious and light summer smoothie. (P.S. it's vegan!)

1 Peach
I cup Frozen Pineapple
1/2 cup Frozen Mango
1/2 cup Sweet Cherries
1 cup Spinach
1 cup Coconut Water

Blend and enjoy!

XO



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!
I love the feedback and getting to connect with you :)