Friday, June 13, 2014

Destination: Hicksville

Hello, with this being my debut post to begin The Desert Poppy I want to start with a bang, I want to share the delight I have building up inside of me! I am tickled pink to be marrying my best friend and dreamboat, Tim. Our wedding date is approaching fast, but to my surprise, the planning hasn't been as difficult as I expected, but I do have to give credit where credit is due; First, to my inspiring and beautiful mother, without her generosity and kind spirit THE DAY would be nothing of what it's shaping up to be. My grandma has been such a help also, she's been searching high and low through the thrift shops and craft store for anything that may be of use for our D.I.Y. wedding. She's just the sweetest. Additionally, my Matron of Honor, Brianna, has been amazing, keeping me focused on one task at a time, seeing my vision for the day just as well as I can and being my extra pair of hands for crafting the decorations. Though, There is one person I definitely cannot forget to applaud, my fiance. He is my rock! As all wedding planning goes, there are bumps and turns in the process and the stress sets in. Instead of getting frustrated when I'm a little frantic, Tim stays cool and collected, and when I look at him everything else fades away, all the planning for one day just seems trivial, and the only thing that matters is being closer and closer everyday to marriage.

Just this week we decided on our honeymoon destination! Tim and I are going to stay at Hicksville Trailer Palace in Joshua Tree, CA. Once we started checking out reviews and swooning over pictures of the themed mini campers, we knew it was a perfect spot for our newly-wedded adventure! Joshua Tree has been a place we have been wanting to hike and see for a while and being a three hour drive from home, this affordable honeymoon is going to be a blast!
I can't get over how adorable the set-up is!


Honeymoon in Joshua Tree

Forever 21 sheer dress / White top / Loose white tank / Embellished top / Red oxford / Topshop cotton shorts / Decorating shoes / High top suede shoes / Topshop cotton duffle bag / Forever 21 pattern hat / Tortoise shell glasses / Lip care / Kiss My Face sun care / CamelBak | Water Bottles, Sport, Filtered, Stainless Steel, BPA-Free

Being so eager for this trip, I made a little packing wishlist of clothing and accessories I would love to take along. My favorite are the clogs, so summery and bright, especially with that pineapple top! I could admire cute clothes and accessories forever..


Happy weekend!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!
I love the feedback and getting to connect with you :)