Saturday, August 09, 2014

Minimalist Wardrobe Challenge

Minimalist Wardrobe Challenge

Lately I have seen a lot of articles and pins about minimalism and your wardrobe. The idea of only keeping a few chosen staple items that match well, and then adding one to two trending items per season sounded wonderful and a great way for me to lighten my load. So, I decided it would be fun to challenge myself to rid my closet of dead weight and try to begin living a life without so much stuff!

During the time we were moving it really sunk in, I have way more clothes than I need. I'm talking dozens of pieces that rarely ever see the light of day anymore.So, I got motivated, since Fall is just around the corner, I am gathering up the majority of my closet/drawers and heading straight to The Salvation Army. It won't take much to finish my minimalist wardrobe, but the real challenge is that I am going to thrift the rest of the staple pieces needed, limited to twenty pieces. I will also allow myself two trendy fashion purchases per season. 

I could've gone with the styles that some articles suggested, but I wanted to build my wardrobe with basic pieces that I know I have loved for a long time. It's important to be comfortable in what you wear, fashion is a way to express yourself, after all :) The collage above is just for example and reference purposes so that I can keep focused on my wardrobe goals! 

What do you think about having a minimal or capsule wardrobe? What would some of your staple choices be?

XO,
Kass

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!
I love the feedback and getting to connect with you :)