Saturday, September 13, 2014

Lena Dunham, Self Love, & Her Upcoming Book



(photo from NY Times)

Lena Dunham is probably my biggest crush. The way she writes Girls and the amount of self confidence she possesses is such an inspiration. I have touched on it briefly, but I have body image issues. I spent years hating the way I look and comparing myself to other women, which are the farthest things from taking care of myself and loving me, wholly. If I'm being completely honest, Lena's perspective on body image has helped me work on caring for myself and begin not caring about what anyone thinks of me or how much space I take up in this world.

With all that being said, of course I pre-ordered her upcoming book of essays, Not That Kind Of Girl. After reading so many reviews, my excitement to read her work has only grown. This book is sure to be unapologetic, honest, and full of real experiences that are far from perfect, just as her writing for Girls has displayed.

I'm really curious though, do any of you have the same issue? How do you promote self care and body positivity? Lets talk about it <3

Xo,
Kass

P.s. If you're as excited as I am about this book, be sure to keep an eye out on the blog because I plan on doing a review on Not That Kind OF Girl and would love to discuss what you thought of it, as well. 

1 comment :

  1. I have it preordered too, I can't wait I'm obsessed with her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!
I love the feedback and getting to connect with you :)