Thursday, July 03, 2014

Dentist Jitters

It has come about that I urgently need to have my wisdom teeth removed, so next Monday I go in for surgery. I can honestly say that I did not see this coming last week, but I'm happy to be on the road to taking care of my pain. I am really nervous though, I know that may sound silly, but this is my first time going under anesthesia and I deal with anxiety on a day to day basis.

So, with yesterday being payday and having a month free of rent I decided to go on a trip to my very favorite store for a little retail therapy. Yay, Target!


 I sort of feel like the items I picked up were all pretty nice for a self care package. I got a new Sonia Kashuk toiletry bag, which was definitely something I had been wanting for a while. I noticed a brand in the natural skin care section, Pacifica, it's a paraben, mineral oil, peanut oil, and petrolatum free, 100% vegan brand. They also donate a share of the proceeds to clean water! So I picked up some Coconut Kiss lip butter, Hawaiian Ruby Guava body butter, and Coconut Water cleansing face wipes. I will admit that the lip butter does smell a little like playdough, but gives a long lasting finish.  I also decided to pick up a pack of notebooks. I'm always on the go and brainstorming ideas for posts and projects, I needed a purse sized notebook so I could jot down all the ideas that pop into my head though-out the day. (Not to mention, the beautiful artwork on the covers really caught my eye!) Now, I don't know about you, but I am a candle fanatic and target carries the best soy candles all year long. This Island Coconut one smells like paradise! :)

Last but not least, I found a new pair of leggings to love!(surprise, surprise) Being as comfortable and affordable as they are, Target leggings always seem to make it home in the bag with me. Lately I have been really trying to get smart about money, but I think the main reason I felt so comfortable spending a little bit on myself last night was because I have a budget planned out for the rest of this month and I'm really excited to see how it goes!

Okay, so I know earlier I mentioned about being nervous for my wisdom teeth to be removed, although that is very true I am really grateful to be able to have it taken care of so efficiently. I emailed my boss today about it and within an hour was assured the time off for the day of and the following to recoup and my family is really taking care of me through it all, I love them so much. 

Lots to come this weekend with work, Lord beer me strength and may Orajel be enough to keep me going until Monday! 

XO,
Kass




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!
I love the feedback and getting to connect with you :)